There are many different roles that a company might play in the telecommunications and information technology industries. You could be the provider or distributor of services, or someone who sells those services to customers, or even a customer.
Regardless of your connection to the telecom or IT industries, it is vital that you be able to perform it within the law and be able to navigate any of the legal pitfalls that may come. An attorney with experience in the telecommunications and IT industries can help you by advising and representing you throughout negotiations, transactions and regulatory affairs.
Representing Telecommunication and Information Technology Clients Worldwide
Ben Bronston has the experience and expertise to represent you, whether you are a service provider, agent, enterprise customer or any other party with a legal issue pertaining to telecommunications. Ben Bronston is recognized nationally as an accomplished and knowledgeable telecom lawyer.
He has practiced for more than 20 years in telecommunications and IT law, representing, negotiating for and advising clients in the telecom/IT industry and he will utilize that experience on your behalf. Call Ben Bronston today at 888.469.0579 to set up a consultation to discuss your telecom matter.
Ben Bronston – Telecom/IT Lawyer represents clients anywhere in the world.
Representative Telecom and IT Clients
Ben Bronston can represent you on your telecommunications or information technology matters:
Agents and Master Agents: Agents do the work of selling the products of service providers to the customer. Master agents often have a relationship with a distributor and have several sub-agent distributors underneath them. In order to effectively conduct business, agents and master agents must have agreements with service providers that are protective of their best interests.
Carriers and Resellers: Carriers are companies that create voice and data network services. Carriers are broken down into several categories, including competitive local exchange carriers (CLEC), incumbent local exchange carriers (ILEC), and voice over internet protocol providers (VoIP). Resellers buy excess data and service from carriers and sell it to customers. Legal issues for carriers and resellers vary widely, from drafting competitive agreements to compliance and regulatory issues.
Enterprise Customers: Nearly every business in the world utilizes some kind of telecommunications. Your business may absolutely require a constant telecom connection just to keep the doors open. Therefore, it is critical that your agreements with service providers be drafted and negotiated with the ultimate success of your business in mind. Ben Bronston assists enterprise customers seeking telecommunication services.
Cloud/Hosted Providers: Hosting is an important function of the telecommunications industry, essentially allowing companies to outsource IT services critical to their business. An important advancement for hosting has been the development of cloud hosting, allowing users to access the services through an internet browser. These companies have compliance requirements and must also have solid agreements with clients.
MVNOs: A mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) provides wireless and cellular service without actually owning the physical infrastructure to provide the services. MVNOs have extensive regulatory requirements and must comply with significant licensing requirements , including state and federal licensing. Ben Bronston will help MVNOs navigate through this process.
TEM Consultants: A Telecom Expense Management Consultant reviews telecommunication billing proposals with customers and assists them in developing a plan best for them. A TEM consultant’s purpose is to help keep customers from being overbilled. Ben Bronston works with TEM Consultants to establish the best possible practices and draft agreements with potential clients.
Telecom Startups: If you are starting a new telecom business, there are a number of legal issues you must watch out for to ensure your business begins on the right footing. Ben Bronston helps telecom startups with these legal issues.
Ben Bronston has successfully represented clients throughout the United States in complex telecommunications and information technology transactions for a variety of different types of clients. The following is a sample list:
- Served as lead corporate counsel on behalf of buyers and sellers in hundreds of M&A transactions involving both public and private companies. Handled legal due diligence review and documentation in connection with each transaction; Participated in deal point and document negotiation; Prepared and filed FCC and PUC license transfer applications (where applicable).
- Served as special telecommunications regulatory counsel in connection with numerous IPOs, secondary offerings and high yield bond transactions for some of the largest and most well-known companies in the industry; prepared all FCC and PUC filings required for debt financings; prepared opinion letters for major lenders and underwriters.
- Served as lead corporate counsel for foreign telecommunications private network provider in connection with $200 million credit facility ; Handled all substantive collateral documentation for US subsidiaries; Assisted with negotiation of deal terms on behalf of client; Negotiated language of all perfection instruments; Drafted opinion letter for lender.
- Represented foreign telecommunications company in joint venture with US-based investor; Negotiated deal terms; Reviewed and/or prepared all substantive documentation; Worked with foreign counsel to comply with foreign corporate law.
- Served as lead corporate counsel on behalf of Fortune 500 telecom company in connection with multi-year internal corporate reorganization project; prepared all merger and acquisition documentation and related state filings for over 100 subsidiaries.
Whatever your role in the telecom or IT industries, an attorney can help you negotiate agreements, meet regulatory compliance and any other legal matter that may arise. Rely on the experience of Ben Bronston. Call 888.469.0579 today to set up a consultation.