Telecom Licenses

There is significant regulation over the telecommunications industry. Just to operate, it’s highly likely that you will need a license. Those licenses often must be maintained. Sometimes, to do business in a certain state, you must become licensed through the state government. One thing is certain: being involved in telecom will likely involve significant red tape.

An experienced telecom attorney can help you cut through that red tape, and advise you as to what licenses you may need and how to go about getting them. He can represent you when dealing with the Federal Communications Commission and any other regulatory body whose permission you need to conduct business.

Telecommunication Attorney for Licenses

Ben Bronston has been practicing telecommunications law for more than 20 years, and is recognized nationally as a skilled and effective telecom lawyer. He has helped a great many telecom companies obtain and maintain the appropriate licenses so that they can do business. That is experience Ben Bronston will put to work for you in dealing with the FCC and other regulatory agencies. Call Ben Bronston today at 888.469.0579 to set up a consultation.

Ben Bronston assists companies worldwide in obtaining licenses to do business in the United States.

Types of Telecom Licenses and Filings

There a several types of licenses you need, and several processes you may need to go through to get them. A few of the more common licensing issues include:

International 214 License:To provide any type of international commercial service into or out of the United States, you must receive an International 214 authorization from the Federal Communications Commission, either as a reseller or as a facilities-based provider. You must have your own authorization. Ben Bronston can assist you in obtaining this authorization.

FCC Form 499-A: All telecommunication service providers, including data service, must file Form 499-A with the FCC every year by April 1 stating how much money the company generates. The number is used to determine how much the company will be required to contribute to the Universal Service Fund and other funds. An incorrect filing could result in a company overpaying or being subject to significant fines.

Federal VoIP Requirements: The FCC has certain requirements you must fulfill when running a VoIP business. An attorney can help you make sure you are meeting these regulations.

State VoIP Regulation: Different states may have very different rules and regulations for how companies that provide voice over internet protocol (VoIP) may operate. Depending on the state, you may have to pay different fees and taxes, and adhere to different regulation, making your business very complex, especially if you operate in multiple states. Ben Bronston can help you sort these matters out.

MVNO:Mobile virtual network operators have state regulations in a growing number of states across the country, in addition to federal regulation. This patchwork of laws can be confusing and make conducting your business difficult, but an established telecom lawyer can help you sort things out.

State Licenses: To operate in many states, you must go through the appropriate state Public Utility Commission and meet the rules and regulations that apply in that particular state. Ben Bronston can represent you in your dealings with these state agencies.

Tariffs: A tariff, which must be filed with applicable state telecom regulatory agencies, gives the rates, fees and charges that the customer must pay. Tariffs must be well-drafted, because it is immensely important to you maintaining your business.

Preeminent Award Members Choice Award Partners' Choice Award 2011 Nominee Customers' Choice Award 2011 Nominee Partners Choice Winner 2012 Recommended Vendor 2012 Partners Choice Winner 2013 Recommended Vendor 2013